Priti B. Savant, Manjusha S. Kareppa, Pawan N. Karwa, Nikita Birajdar, Monika S. Jangid
Priti B. Savant1*, Manjusha S. Kareppa2, Pawan N. Karwa3, Nikita Birajdar4, Monika S. Jangid5
1Radheya Charitable Trust’s Dinesh Bembade College of Pharmacy,
Latur Nanded Highway Village Mahalangra Tq Chakur Dist Latur, 413513 Maharashtra.
2,5SBSPM’S B Pharmacy College, Ambajogai - 431517, Maharashtra.
3Gurukrupa Institute of Pharmacy (Degree), Near Chatrapatthi Sugar Factory, NH- 222 Gadi Road, Majalgaon - 431131, Maharashtra.
4DSTS Mandal College of Pharmacy, Solapur, Maharashtra.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
Diabetic nephropathy (DN) or diabetic kidney disease refers to the deterioration of kidney function seen in chronic type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. The progression of the disease is known to occur in a series of stages and is linked to glycemic and blood pressure control. Diabetis nephropathy is a kidney disease. In normal conditions the function of kidney help to regulate fluids and salts balance in the body, which is vital for control blood pressure (BP) and protect cardiovascular condition. In Diabetic condition increases blood sugar levels in high, this sugar level increase long time of the period then these high glucose levels can damage various regions of the body including the cardiac system and kidney. Damaging of kidney that results or this condition is termed as diabetes nephropathy. The average incidence of diabetic nephropathy is high (3% per year) during the first 10 to 20 years after diabetes onset. Typically, it takes 15 years for small blood vessels in organs like kidney, eyes and nerves to get affected. It is estimated that more than 20 and up to 40% of diabetic patients will develop chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Cite this article:
Priti B. Savant, Manjusha S. Kareppa, Pawan N. Karwa, Nikita Birajdar, Monika S. Jangid. Herbal Drugs used in the Management of Diabetic Nephropathy. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(1):54-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2022.00009
Priti B. Savant, Manjusha S. Kareppa, Pawan N. Karwa, Nikita Birajdar, Monika S. Jangid. Herbal Drugs used in the Management of Diabetic Nephropathy. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(1):54-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2022.00009 Available on: https://www.asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-9
1. Mahaboob Khan Sulaiman. Diabetic Nephropathy: Recent advances in pathophysiology and challenges in dietary management. Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome. 2019; 11:7.
2. Haiyan Fu, Silvia Liu, Sheldon I. Bastacky, Xiaojie Wang, Xiao-Jun Tian, and Dong Zhou; Diabetic kidney diseases revisited: A new perspective for a new era; PMC National Liabrary of Medicine National Institute of Health; Published online 2019 Oct 17.
3. Diabetes nephropathy patient care and healthcare information diseases and conditions. mayoclinic.org/diseases-condition /diabetic nephropathy/symptoms-cause/syc-20354556.
4. Olugbenga. E. Ayodele C. Olutaya Alebiosu, and Babatunde. L. Salako. Diabetic Nephropathy- A review of natural history burden risk factors and treatment. Journal of the National Medical Association. 2004; 96(11):1445.
5. Webmed.com/diabetes /diabetic- kidney -diseases-stages.
6. Timothy C, Evans and Peter Capell. Diabetic nephropathy. Clinical Diabetes. 2000; 18(1).
7. Radica Z. Alicic, Michele T. Rooney and Katherine R. Tuttle; Diabetic Kidney Disease Challenges, Progress, and Possibilities; Clinical Journal of American Society of Nephrology; CJASN December 2017, 12 (12) 2032-2045; DOI: https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.11491116
8. Carlamaria Zoja, Christodoulos Xinaris and Daniela Macconi. Diabetic Nephropathy: Novel Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Targets; Front. Pharmacol., 21 December 2020 https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2020.586892.
9. S M Marshall; Recent advances in diabetic nephropathy. BMJ Journal. Volume 80 Issue 949;
10. Navneet Kaur, Latika Khosla. Diabetic nephropathy: A Review; Pharmatutor; 20 March 2020.
11. Bancha Satirapoj, Sharon G. Adler. Comprehensive approach to diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Research and Clinical Practice. 2014; 33(3): 121-131.
12. Julian Wright, Anand Vardhan. Review: The problem of diabetic nephropathy and practical prevention of its progression. The British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease. 2008; 8(6): DOI:10.1177/1474651408099654
13. Nicholas M. Selby, Maarten W. Taal. An updated overview of diabetic nephropathy: Diagnosis, prognosis, treatment goals and latest guidelines; First published: 08 April 2020 https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.14007
14. Chen Y. Lee K. Ni Z., He J.C.; Diabetic Kidney Disease: Challenges, Advances and Opportunities. Kidney Dis. 2020; 6: 215–225.
15. Merlin C. Thomas, Michael Brownlee, Katalin Susztak, Kumar Sharma, Karin A. M. Jandeleit-Dahm, Sophia Zoungas, Peter Rossing, Per-Henrik Groop and Mark E. Cooper. Diabetic Kidney. Disease; https://www.nature.com/articles/nrdp201518.
17. Ralph A. DeFronzo, W. Brian Reeves and Alaa S. Awad. Pathophysiology of diabetic kidney disease: impact of SGLT2 inhibitors. 2021; 319–334.