Subhashis Debnath, Donita Devi, Aikyrmen K Dewsaw
Subhashis Debnath1*, Donita Devi2, Aikyrmen K Dewsaw2
1Bharat Pharmaceutical Technology, Amtali, Agartala, Tripura, India.
2Royal School of Pharmacy, The Assam Royal Global University, Guwahati, Assam, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
Drug are so frequently used in modern times that everyone has some acquaintance with the conceptualization of drug compulsion or addiction and abuse. The title addiction has been used and has entered day-to-day language with the ideas of drug addiction and abuse. Drug abuse is an extreme and intentional misuse of drug. Inappropriate use or the overuse of any substance leads to addiction. Drugs that affect the behaviour or drug having psychotic effect are particularly misused or overused when the effects are pleasurable. Psychosocial factors tend to be similar for diverse pharmacological agents and are of equal importance in the pathogenesis of these disorder as the unique pharmacological profiles of given drugs. The most commonly abused drug includesNicotine, Alcohol, opioids, benzodiazepines, cocaine, cannabis, Lysergic acid etc. Consequently, based on the information, this review shows the affects of various addictive drugs that are misused in modern society.
Cite this article:
Subhashis Debnath, Donita Devi, Aikyrmen K Dewsaw. A Review on Drug Addiction and Drug Abuse. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2023; 13(3):186-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2023.00035
Subhashis Debnath, Donita Devi, Aikyrmen K Dewsaw. A Review on Drug Addiction and Drug Abuse. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2023; 13(3):186-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2023.00035 Available on: https://www.asianjpr.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-3-9
1. Abasi A, Taziki S, Moradi A. Drug abuse pattern based on demographic factors in self-introducing addicts in Gorgan province, the scientific. J Gorgan Univ Med Sci. 2005; 8:22–7
2. Rajesh Kanthe. Consumer Buying Behavior and Non-Prescriptive Drugs Shopping in Sangli. Asian J. Management 1(2): Oct. – Dec. 2010 page 55-60.
3. Pavithra D, Praveen D, VijeyAanandhi M. A Comprehensive Review on Complications of Intravenous Drug Abuse. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(5): 1523-1527.
4. Charan K. Shetty, Spoorthy S. Shetty, Mahadeva U.S. Rao. Challenges and Remedies Attributed Towards the Changing Trends of Drug Abuse from Traditional to Amphetamine Derivatives in Malaysia – A Critical Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2015; 8(9): 1325-1330.
5. Amitha Robin, JishaAshi Rocha, Linta P Mariam, Navya Nelson, Snovy Sebastian, Jerin J. Effectiveness of Video Assisted Teaching Programme on knowledge regarding the effect of Drug Abuse among adolescents in selected schools at Kollam. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2019; 7(3):206-210.
6. Farhadinasab A, Allahverdipour H, Bashirian S, Mahjoub H. Lifetime pattern of substance abuse, parental support, religiosity, and locus of control in adolescent and young male users. Iranian Journal of Public Health. 2008; 37:88–95.
7. Mohammadpoorasl A, Nedjat S, Fakhari A, Yazdani K, RahimiForoushani A, Fotouhi A. Smoking stages in an Iranian adolescent population. Acta Med Iran. 2012; 50:746–54.
8. Regier D.A, Farmer M.F, Rae D.S, Locke B.Z, Keith S.J, Judd L.L, et al. Comorbidity of mental disorders with alcohol and other drug abuse. Results from the epidemiologic catchment area (ECA) study. JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association. 1990; 264:2511–2518.
9. Subhashis Debnath, RunaChakravorty, Donita Devi. COVID 19 and its management. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):117-1.
10. Mukesh Sharma, KushagraNagori, Shubhang Agrawal, Vinay S. Verma, HemendraSwarnakar, Sanjay Vaishnav, Md. Nazir, Nasim Khan, Ajay Singh. Drug Abuse: A Curse for Human Society. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2014; 4(2): 99-109.
11. Robins L.N. Vietnam veterans' rapid recovery from heroin addiction: A fluke or normal expectation. Addiction. 1993; 88: 1041–1054.
12. Subhashis Debnath, RunaChakravorty, Donita Devi. A Review on Role of Medicinal plants in Immune system. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4): 273-277.
13. A. V. Naga Mallika1, MamidiSushmitha. Drug Abuse, Addiction, its Causes and Treatment. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. & Tech. 2018; 10(4): 259-265.
14. Shiv Kumar Dogra, RajniBagga. Drug Addiction vis-a-vis Defense of Insanity in India: A Comparative Study. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2019; 10(2):559-567.
15. Subhashis Debnath, G. Vijay Kumar, DebarshiDatta, D. Swetha, M. NiranjanBabu. Chronopharmaceutics as a novel approach for clinically relevant drug delivery system. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2012; 4(6): 309-317.
16. V. Hema Faith, Subhashis Debnath, Lavanya. D, V. Jerusha, M. Vineela Ruth Madhuri.Food as a Vaccine. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. & Tech. 2015; 7(2): 161-165.